bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

viking leg wraps

I have been weaving some viking leg wraps for my son. This is to finish off his viking outfit for SCA.  I have a new 4 shaft floor loom and this project is a good one to start on as it is a simple weave.


The wool comes from my sheep and has been dyed with turmeric. At first I wanted to add a rolled edge to the weaving but after much searching online and talking to other weavers I couldnt find an easy way to add this to the work. This was something often found in Finnish weaving from the viking era. I guess they would have been hand manipulated weave on a weighted loom.  It may be a project for later on.


1 comment:

2paw said...

Wow, that is amazing and the colour is fabulous. Great work!!