bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a little more fibre in the diet.

This is the "Good Dye Day" I went to on good friday. What better way to kick off the easter break than with a bit of dyeing at tasknitters place. There were colours amany, some unmentioned people may have a little stash that would indicate a dye addiction. So many great colours and so many different ways of dyeing.
This purple is the lates of my many shades of purple I tried out while dyeing raw fleece. I am really happy with the way the colour takes to raw fleece. Now I will have to spin that up before I can start on the new dyed roving I have just made.
This one worked really well. I used food colouring and was really happy with the brightness of the colours. Who would have thought that the humble food colouring could be so great. I am still waiting for my others to dry so stay tuned for the other colours.
Beware dyeing will also become an obsession for tasknitter.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

2paw said...

What excellent fun you all had. I love your rainbow dyeing and I must say TasKnitter has an evil genius Dyer look in her eye!!!
Oh and my special typing word is: dipying: that's a good dyeing kind of word!!

Yarnspider said...

The purple has spun up beautifully, you really are having lots of fun! Will find the name of the dyes I use for you!

Jo said...

Cheeky bugger! You reckon I have a problem with my stash? Nah, it's the husbeast that has the problem - I luuurrrv my stash!! And it's like shopping in my own little crazy store!

I adore the dye ups you've done babe, that purple is exquisitely yummy!!