bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, July 6, 2009

A wonderful day


This day has started in such a good way that it is surely telling me something. After a weekend of rain, rain and rain( you would think there was not anything left in those clouds anymore) I was really pleased to see the sun shine through the clouds today.
After encouraging myself to get to the pool this morning, Monday always seems hard work in the water, I was really glad I talked myself into it. I always find the water leaves me relaxed and slightly happier. I must be a true water child.
So what a great surprise I got as I arrived home to find sunshine, blue sky and as I walked to the house I looked up to the sky to see one of our local Wedge tailed eagles gliding right over my head. He was very low and glided right over my head. What a sight.
I just stood and watched him until he disapeared behind the trees. Oh to be a bird.

Atleast with all this rain some of the plants in my garden are happy.I just could not resist the following photo.
Lets hope my friend here brings you a smile or two, it can be found smiling at all those who drive behind me.
And I thought I would share this with you. This lovely house is one that an ancestor of mine once lived in in a small town called Pontville. I went there with my parents to celebrate my dads birthday. We had a really yummy meal at the local pub. The scallops were just lovely, and then we went for a little stroll to the small cemetery where we discovered that the family grave stone had been restored by the historical society. So good to see.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: