bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

home again. Jiggety Jig.

 

As I said in my last post I have been away on holiday with the family. We decided to go to europe for four months for our one and only family adventure. We have alot of family and friends over there and I was wanting to catch up with them face to face agian. So we started off flying into Heathrow and hired a car to head for Wales. We stopped in the small town of Lyneham where there is an airforce base.


 

There was also this lovely thatch roofed house.


 

As we drove on we passed some small villages with what I would have to call very english churches and cemetries. I do like a good cemetry to wander around in.

 

This was the start of our big adventure and over the next while I will post some more photos while I try to decide what to spin or knit now that I am home again and back into the swing of everyday life.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

2paw said...

I love the thatched roof on the house, and the beautiful church. What a wonderful holiday, I look forward to more pictures and stories of your trip!!

Barbara said...

So you were here for months. Had not realised it was that long. What a wonderful visit you must have had. Will look forward to your photos as it is always interesting to see how someone from another country sees ones own.