bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

countdown to christmas

 

Well it is that time of the year again when we start to count down to christmas. Each year we have an advent candle and always light it a dinner time. When the children were younger it was a great way for them to be able to see how far away christmas was. I love candles and I especially love the decorations you can find on advent candles. This year I had lots of trouble finding a candle. At first I wanted to make one like we did last year but I couldnt find a shop that sold candle decorating stuff. So luckily I found this solitary candle, designed by Jette Froelich, a danish designer. I think I will have to stock up on the candles when I find a good website that supplies them.

 

And here is the other side of the candle, so no matter where you are sitting at the table you have a nice view.

 

A friend of mine who has just arrived "home" from denmark gave me these lovely little nisse for christmas decorations. I just love them and all thing nisse-ish. The Danes really know how to decorate for christmas.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

2paw said...

I remember your candle last year, it is a lovely tradition and I think you had better stock up too.
Such cute little gnomes!!!

Rachel Willow'z Design said...

Those are adorable. I have never heard of counting down with a candle. I just got done making an advent calender for my kids to count down on.