bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, December 19, 2011

advent calendar scarf Knit along 2011

During december I have been doing a knit along through ravelry. The pattern is the advent calendar scarf 2011 by Kristin Benecken. Each day of december a new lace pattern is put up on the site and off we knit. I had thought this would be a great idea to have a new lace pattern to knit each day, but I forgott to factor in how busy the month has become.

I started two days late, then i thought I would be able to catch up but it has not happened. But I still live in hope of catching up. I have learnt some new stitches and love knitting lace, even though some of the patterns have been a learning curve and I have learnt that I do need quiet to knit lace.

I will post more photos as I go. So far I am up to day 14 and I will just continue slowely. I wont have it finished by christmas but that is OK with me.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

2paw said...

Oh, it is so lovely and lacy. I wanted to join in, instead, I am saving up the Advent knitted calendar for next year!! I need the quiet for lace too!!

Anonymous said...

mm.. lace knitting. It does my hesd in, and yes, you need quiet. No watching tv while you knit.

Thanks for popping by, I got to see your two pooches and how nice your area is...