bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, February 9, 2015

dry point etching workshop

I have just done a four day workshop in dry point etching. The tutor was Deb Wace, a Tasmanian artist. Since I have not really done any printing before the whole workshop was exciting and new to me. I loved the process of scratching out the image onto acertate and then inking up and finally using the press to get the final print. I must admit that I did find it a bit messy, but that may have been me not being as carefull as I should have been.
Deb was a great teacher and very inspiring and she even entertained us with her fantastic singing voice.
Here are some of my pieces. I was happy for a first attempt and like the  double image ( a drawing of my daughter when she was about 2).

No comments: