bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, March 30, 2015

five finger loop weaving

What to do on a quiet weekend. WEll at our house we learn how to do the five loop viking finger  weaving. Now that I am working on the Viking tunic for my son to wear at the  medieval society he thought he would like a belt for it so we had a go at finger braiding. This is similar to other braiding I have done except that you keep a loop at the end of the yarn and use you finger to pull threads through these loops to create the braid. We started off by using my hand spun but I think it was a little hard to separate and keep then tension tight. We later tried commercial yarn and this was a lot easier to use, but not authentic for the viking period of course. It was lots of fun and I want to try some more.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: