bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Thursday, October 22, 2015

SCA at the Hobart show


I spent the day at the Hobart show in the SCA (medieval ) Hall. They had the best display covering armour, costumes, dress ups foe the children and of course the sword in the stone. Not that I was able to free it. I demostrated some drop spindle spinning.



My viking son in the hand woven tunic I made him. They had demonstartion fights in both heavy armour and sword fighting, along with rapier.
Our Baroness explaining some of her fantastic lettering  work. 


Some members were invited to take part in the grand parade, showing off their costumes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous thing to do Cathy :-) I would love to hear more sometime . . .