bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Friday, October 17, 2008

Rain and peace

The other night it was a brilliant moon lit night and I just stood looking at the view outside. And I realised how happy we become by familiarity. It was dark, quiet and still I really liked what I saw. I may not have felt the same about looking out someone elses window late in the night knowing I had to venture outside. I walked the dogs around the driveway and could have lingered out there for hours. Everything was still and even the sheep were quiet. I just could not imagine being anywhere else. I have been enjoying some fantastic photos from blogs in America. How I would love to have those autumn tones to look at, but the mighty gum tree has its own beauty too. I love to see how life is around th world and love to hear from people with same interests but living in different parts of the world








Well I have to venture back to the topic of halloween. Of course, I made it into town to go decoration hunting yesterday and I came back with some goodies. I found some great material to drape over the windows and then some all essential spiders web stuff . Now it is just the costumes to make(oh the thought of sewing is not thrilling me), oh and lots more witches and bats to cut out. The pumpkins are under daily threat of being cut open by the kids but I have convinced them they have to wait a little while longer.


Luckily it is still raining slightly, I guess that means an inside day and lots more cutting out to do.

No comments: