bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

st Lucia


Well we know it is getting close to christmas when we have the st lucia celebration. The kids were happy to go in the parade for atleast one more year. Each year I am so happy to see them being involved. There were lots of children there this year and of course the swedish choir was great as always. Not that I braved to sing in swedish. And then there was the wonderful lucia buns and hearts and stars. YUMMMY. Will I ever get to see the real thing again in denmark. I was thinking that we could try to arrange to be there for one of the festivals, for the children of course.


I must say that it is really starting to feel more like christmas now. We all went to the local carols, the tree has been chosen from my parents place and the boys decorated it. The advent candle is burning lower. BUt where is the warm weather. I even went out and bought a new wet suit for the summer but I am thiking I was a bit optimistic when it comes to the weather.
The only thing that we seem to have in abundance around here is crows. I saw a huge flock the other day. They settled in the dead tree and there must have been at least 100 of the things. The noise was just deafening. A little like something out of an alfred hitchcock movie. I can totally emphasise with the farmer of old when they really must have fortold a future of doom to those liking on the land.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: