bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, December 1, 2008

december has arrived


Well I have finished my argosy scarf and am actually blocking it at the moment. It is such a great design and I think Vyvyan Neel is a wonderful designer. I would love to have a go at doing one of her shawls or wraps. But this time I would really like to use a really colourful graduated yarn. I saw some great Noro the other day. So Maybe if I find some on sale I will get it. But where to get cheap wool is the eternal question.
But of course before I can start anything like that I have to finish this wrap. It is the Muir by Rosemary Hill. I have really wanted to try a lace pattern and I am really happy with this one. I just go slow and do it row by row. I will keep everyone updated as this goes. I was really inpressed with being able to knit this while on a knitting retreat out in the bush with some other wonderful ladies. How great is that, to get away and sit with a group of women all knitting and talking wool and patterns. Food for the soul.
Not only did december arrive today but it is also the start of our advent calendar. I had fun searching out the lollies to go in the treat bag. Now we are really on the count down for christmas.
And where would dinner be without the advent candle. And it is a "made in Denmark" candle. What more can I ask for? Well it is a small part of denmark in my house for christmas. Sad I know but it helps to know others that still decorate with danish christmas decorations. I have to try to decide how much time to spend on knitting and how much on christmas decorations. I just love this time of the year and making christmas decorations. I hope you all have a great december and let me know what you are making for your christmas.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

2paw said...

What a gorgeous candle. I remember at school we had a wheel lying flat with 4 candles ans it was covered with greenery and we lit a new candle every Sunday before Christmas. The Argosy looks good, I's like to make one, one day. Cheap nicely variegated wool is very hard to find.