bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Sunday, January 11, 2009

my new obsession

This is a new hat I made for my self for those cold soccer morning . it is the noro hat and really quick and easy to make.
Well here it is, my new obsession. Yes it is a spinning wheel and I have become a little bit excited about spinning. And I must say it is relaxing and I hope that if I practice lots and lots and lots I will get really good at it and then their is the new frontier of dyeing as well. But I have not forgotten my shawl. That is still on the go, but very slowely.
And if you are wondering what I am spinning ,well here is Jack just after she has been shawn by our friendly shearer.
And this is how it all turned out. It is slowely getting there. But I will be spinning lots from now on. I have two fleeces to get through and that will take me a long time to get through.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Yarnspider said...

Love the yarn. Really even. It looks seriously squidgy as well.

gomitolina said...

Well, I've started spindle spinning and I find it relaxing too, but it's so slow! I would like to have a wheel, but frankly I have no place at home, and I think my husband would have a good reason to ask the divorce... he is yet bearing tons of wool balls spred everywhere. One day, one day... Anyway, your spinning is great!