bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Sunday, January 25, 2009

what i have been up to

Well this is what I have been up to. Surprise, surprise spinning. But this is a mixture of the dyed silk caps and the fleece from our jack. I really had heaps of fun working with the silk. Of course I checked out a few web sites on how to prepare the silk caps and then I was away. Even though I am only a novice spinner i did find the silk harder to seperate and draft than the fleece but I love the feel of it . And the colours. I would like to try and ply it with itself, but I dont know what i would use it for.
THis is some of the brown roving I spun. It was not as smooth as the fleece but I was impressed with the colour, much nicer than I had thought.
Then i have balled up my sock wool ready and waiting for me to finish my shawl.
And during all this my old girl Lilly just looked on not sure what to think. Poor girl is starting to loose here memory and her already timid nature has moments of total unsureness. She really can not cope with anything new or different at this stage of her life and then at times she becomes strangely rebellious and wanders not really sure of what she is doing. But we still love her and hope she still remembers she is now safe.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

2paw said...

Nice spinning, it is something that scares the willies out of me, and your sock wool looks so nice all wound up into balls.
Our Vundy had a little touch of The Dog Dementia when she got old, and sometimes she would wander about aimlessly or look confused. But like Lilly she was still happy and we tried to keep things the same as much as possible.

Grace Garton said...

I'd love to give spinning a go, I'm not afraid!!
The yarns look lovely.
My little cat too had dementia we had to cover the wall mirrors a meter up so she wouldn't attack herself, silly little thing. And I'm sure Lilly feels safe just look at her!!
Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on my morbid eye candy.

Yarnspider said...

Love the spinning. The silk caps plyed to themselves make fabulous yarn by the way. I use mine for "special" scarves for mothers/grannies etc, usually fairly fine spun yarn on big needles - so quick and they love them. If you weren't so far away, I might just have snuck around and "borrowed" the sock yarn - the balls look just so inviting.