bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Sunday, August 16, 2009

a little trip



I have just had a litlle trip away. And I do mean a "little" trip. I went away up to the north of the state for a few days. Left the kids behind and had the tables turned as I was the child travelling with my parents. We headed off for the north to celebrate a relatives 100th birthday.
I could not think of a better reason to celebrate. This is the only person I know who has reached such a great age. I even got to see the letter from the Queen, the Govenor General and the prime minister.

During the trip I got to meet 2paw and had a great chat with her. She had so kindly copied a missed episode of grand designs for me. And I must say I did love the house design. She also was so kind as to have made me a fab bag, and inside Truffles. YUMMMMMM. I am so in admiration of people that can sew, and 2paws bag was so cool. Thankyou.
I had a really nice stay away and on the way home we stopped off for a relaxing walk in the Tamar Valley wetlands. It is all board walked and is edged by reeds.


This wetland has a huge array of bird life, not that I was quick enough to photo many of the birds but here I have taken a photo of their footprints in the mud flats. There were black swans, geese, red hooded plovers(tiny birds that race around), hawks etc. It was such a beautiful walk with so much to look at. There was also loud frog croaks and bird calls to accompany me on my walk.

This is the final destination, a little island in the middle of the river. I didn't have enough time to stop for a picnic on this trip, but have done so in the past. Ahhh a really relaxing way to finish off a good little trip.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

2paw said...

I am so relieved it was the right episode!! It was so lovely to meet you and your parents!! Glad you had a good trip and Tamar Island is a little oasis!!!

Barbara said...

Certainly an age worth celebrating. My paternal grandmother missed hers by 2 weeks.

Interesting seeing the difference in yur winter garden to my summer one at the same time of year.