bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Saturday, November 21, 2009

what warm weather holds.

 


I have just read this book. It was the title that grabbed my attention first, as anything to do with purple usually does. It is a fasinating read, all about the man that discovered the artificial colour dye mauve. I found it interesting as it covers the artificial dye history of England and I learnt lots about the world of dyes. Made me stop and think about all those great colours we use and take for granted.


 


I spent the other day at the southern schools triathlon with #2 child. What a great day, and as you can tell from all these bikes there were 2000 children taking part. It was just so great to see so many children having a great time.


 


And of course now that there are some hot days around it has been time to do a bit of swimming. This is my favourite local beach. How luck are we to live so close to such a wonderful beach. Safe for families and with such a great view, and there are often dolphins swimming past. I always complain about how cold the water is when I first get in, You would think that after a life time of swimming in these waters I would just get over it and realise that once your body goes numb the water is really very nice. It definently cools the body temperature. While I was standing in the water waiting for the water to warm up a bit before swimming a had time to admire the many tiny fish that swim around your legs if you keep still enough. Then there was a huge starfish, doing not alot.
I really am a fish at heart, there is always something so calming and peaceful about swimming. I cant wait for the weather to be even warmer so I can take on the waves at the surf beach too.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

2paw said...

Wow, that's a lot of bikes!! I heard about the Mauve man a few years ago on the Science Show on RN now I must seek out the book. I miss living close to a beach, though I am afraid of all the little fishies, sea stars and jelly fish!!!