bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Sunday, April 4, 2010

when in doubt spin

 

What a busy few weeks I have had. Gerry had an accident and broke 12 bones. He had surgery to plate and pin some of these and he is now hame and on the mend but I have been busy doing mum and dad things. And of course when in doubt about what to do you spin. Well it works for me. So I decided to sort out my fleece stash and the excitement of that is you find things you have forgotten about.
I spun and plyed these two different brown alpaca fleeces I found. Cant remember where they have come from.


 

Then I found some hand dyed wool I did ages ago with food color and plyed that with alpaca.


 

Then came the silk I had bought at the bothwell spin-in. It is "spring" and of course I plyed it with alpaca.


 

Then lastly I found some left over green wool from a dying workshop I went to and , you guessed it, I plyed it with some more alpaca. Now with all this alpaca plyed you would think that would be the end of it but NO. I have found even more alpaca, so that is my next spinning adventure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: