bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

mothers day

 

This mothers day I started my day with a visit to an open garden with my parents. The garden was mainly set on 1 acre of steep slope. There were mainly rhododendrons, azaleas and wonderful deciduous trees, including lots of magnolias. It was a a truelly inspiring garden, even more so as my little patch of garden is dominated by gum tree and no autumn colour to speak of. The sheer size of some of the leaves was great to see and walking on fallen crunching leaves is always envocative of childhood.
Then we all headed off to watch #1 child play soccer and then we all headed off to lunch at the nearby tavern for a really nice late lunch. All in All a fantastic day.

 


 


 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

2paw said...

I listen to The Open Garden lady every Saturday when she's on the radio but I have never actually been to a garden. I would like to one day. I love shushing through the Autumn leaves too!!

Barbara said...

Interesting to see an Australian open garden.

I love all those knots in your last two posts.

Me thinks you may be off to England soon? Hope the weather warms up for you (and us) Will look forward to knowing how it was for you.
My E-mail address is on my profile by the way.

Butterfly Works said...

I have enjoyed visiting your blog...you have a very neat house and the gardens you shared are great....
I hope you will drop by for a visit.

Barbara said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit over here. Thanks for blog visit and comments.

Shaheen said...

Your garden man made me smile.