bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

family picnic in Richmond


We all headed to Richmond for a family picnic last Sunday. One cousin flew homw for the weekend and the other was celebrating her birthday so we celebrated in the historic town of Richmond . Once a convict town boasting the oldest bridge. We have long lost relatives buried in the local churchyard. It is the perfect English town plonked half way around the world. I always try to imagine what life must have been like living in such a beautiful place in such harsh times, I can imagine prominading along the river front, living in the grand houses. The only problem being most of our family would have been the hard working farmer type or convicts.



This is the old rectory, found across from the anglican church, of course.



This cute house is the The Dispensary.


I just love roses.


And it is back to the car after our post lunch wonder.

1 comment:

2paw said...

I love Richmond. It is such a beautiful place and the bridge is fabulous. We played netball, very badly, against the school, St Joseph's I think. Yes, I fear the best I could have hoped for was to be a governess... or marry well a la Jane Austen's books.