bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, November 30, 2015

open gardens #4


What an entrance, and what a hedge.


This house dates to the early to mid 1800s. Looking at the two old front doors I would say this used to be two cottages. Maybe for workers/ managers of the hops farms that grew around this place on the banks of the river derwent. New Norflok being a convict settlement where convict and settlers from Norfolk island were sent.



Closest to the house was the rose garden.




Dad disappearing into the garden. We didnt see him again until the bus came.


This plant , mock orange I think,had the most gorgeous sent as we passed by it.


There was a more structured part of the garden.


mum checking out part of the vegetable garden. A good sign of an old garden it this old clothes line, still one of the best types in my opinion and a n outside toilet.


A love a meandering path. Where will it take me? And will I be able to find my way back to the house?





Inside the massive hedge row at the front of the property and below an old ladder. I bet this must have lead somewhere interesting.


No comments: