bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And the rain came down.
And the rain came down.

Then the heavens opened and blasted forth.
My world was lit so bright I had to close my eyes.

And the rain came down.





But after all the wild weather we have been having lately I was so happy to find this flower bent over in my garden. Out of such storm comes natures beauty. I also saw one of the largest leopard slugs eating a snail. I think they are so cute, as slimmy animals go.
I must admit I was not really feeling like going for my walk today but the dogs dragged me outside and the smell of fresh soil and leaves really made the walk worthwhile. I think that if I did not have the dogs it would be so easy to just stay inside and miss out on all that nature has to offer us each day.
I hope you all get the chance to see something new each day and be amazed by nature at its work.



I have been working on this jumper lately. I decided I need to stop spinning and try to finish this jumper. It is from the first skeins I spun. It will be for number three child. Ever since he saw the sheep shawn he has wanted me to make him a jumper so I need to get cracking on it. It is knitted all in one and I am just starting on the arm holes. I hope he will like it since he chose the pattern and colours.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

Hi! Fun to see your glorious neck of the woods. Bishop Stone is such a fabulous name, pseudonym or not!