bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, March 2, 2009

bothwell spin in stash

I know that with so much fantastic fiber on offer I should have been able to make an easy decision at the Bothwell spin in but I seemed to keep walking around trying to make the right choice. I knew that I wanted to buy some alpaca but which one. Which colour, and so I just kept feeling all these fantastic alpaca. Finally I decided on some light colours and then I got some silk in spring colours to ply with it. I have no idea what I will make from it but I am sure that will come to me.
But I have finished( kind of ) the jumper . This is from the first skeins I spun. But I did run out of wool for the sleeves so I have to decide if I will leave it as a vest or try to add a different coloured sleeve. So many decisions to make. I will ask number 3 child what he would like as it is for him. This means that I have started back on my muir shawl. I need to finish that as well so I will be able to start my socks. And then of course start spinning up my stash from Bothwell. Wish me luck.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

2paw said...

Nice colours: choosing is so hard sometimes. I like your knitting, I think it makes a good vest, but it could just as easily have sleeves.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Thank you, thank you for stopping by to visit. I jus' think it is so cool when people from other countries say hi to me!! I love all your projects - I learned about spinning and carding and all that good stuff last fall when my friend Luna gave us a "tutorial". I never knew how much time it takes to prepare it. Let me know of your future projects - what I see - looks great. Take care and blessings, Cathy

Barbara said...

Hi! Nice to meet you. Thanks for visiting and commenting. The statues would certainly fit with your house name.

Always interested to look at and read of Australia having had 2 brothers emmmigrate there in the
60's.

That is certainly a BIG jellyfish.

Sara Millis said...

I kno wwhat you mean... deciding which fibre to use is my main problem... I get so easily destracted when I go into my stash box that I never know where to start!

If you enjoy meeting Spinners on-line I run a small community at http://www.spinningweb.ning.com it's completely informal and hopefully a place to meet like minded friends.

Sara x