bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Friday, March 6, 2009

our nightly visitor

I thought I should share these photos with you all. These are two of our nightly visitors. The one below is the older mother and the second possum is the 18 month old baby. We have watched mum visit us each night for many years now. Then one day we noticed she had a baby in her pouch. As the baby grew older he migrated from her pouch onto her back, clinging on and creating a grey fur patch on mums back. I loved watching the baby take food out of mums hands and even out of her mouth at times. As the baby grew up they had to fend off on older male possum who would wander through , turn his nose up at some of the food left out for him and trying to bully the mum.
They usually arrive at the same time each evening, waiting for the cat to be fed then leaving the shelter of their wattle tree. Mind you all the food I leave out for them does not stop them from eating my roses and fruit trees, and anything else the take a fancy to.
But how could you be cross with that cute little face. After all they lived here before us and deserve our respect. I just wish more people could feel compasion for all life.
After so many years I still get a buzz out of seeing my little visitors and hope you like the photos.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: