bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

animals on display

 

This is one of our nightly visitors. The mother possum was on the ground eating some food I had left out for them while this young one was on top of the bird feeder eaing the seeds I had left out for the birds.

 

It is that time of year again and I headed off to the show with the children and this goat stole our hearts, what an expression!
 

We also spent some time at the snake pit. The reptile rescue man and his helper stood in there with 10 deadly Tasmanian snakes. They were fasinating to watch but I was very happy for the high walls seperating me from them. These are tiger snakes and copper heads. I have one living in my garden at the moment and I wish it would go away. It seems to have taken a liking to my iris garden, just next to the verandah. All snakes are protected in Tasmania and so we are not allowed to kill them, so I am hoping it will decide this is not a good place to be.

 

And of course it cant be a show without the poultry shed. This was one of the finest roosters in the shed. WE always seem to spend far too long looking at all the chickens, ducks, pidgeons etc but you have to love them. we all went in the canary raffle and yet again we did not win, which is probably good.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh that'sa big possum and a very funny goat!! We had a snake man at school once and those snakes are scary!!