bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ihave been doing a little something

 

As I am still finding it hard to find suitable patterns for a cardigan that can use the wool I have in my stash(maybe that is why it has been in the stash for so long.) I decided to make these quick and very easy Evangeline gloves as a gift. Then I made a pair for #1 child. This was some lovely soft wool I got from a blue swap on ravelry. Very nice
 

Then of course I decided to work on my sock wool stash and make these Sandalwood socks. I am using some sock wool I dyed. I really like the colour and I love the pattern but it is the old adage, wrong woll for that pattern. Oh well, I will just have to knit another pair later in a solid colour to show off the pattern.
 


 

It was#3 childs birthday and we held it on halloween weekend and so here was my black cat pinata, I also made a witch but had trouble with getting the right mouth to make her look witchy enough so in the end I painted over the mouth and I dont think any of the children even noticed she was missing a mouth.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

2paw said...

Pretty nice dyeing and lovely mitts. I am always a bit sad that Christmas seems the wrong time to knit Winter gifts to me.
Nice pinata!!!!!!