bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, February 20, 2012

Tullah fiber arts weekend part3

I was lucky enough to win a prize in the lucky door prize. I am not usually a person that wins anything and I cant remember the last time I have won something so I was very excited to get a prize. And to make things even better the prize was a $60 voucher for the Fibres & threads shop. As we were driving home by going north and then on to Hobart we were able to make a little detour through the Hellior Gorge (such a beautiful drive through a lush manfern lined forest) and then on to Henrietta. I found this easy to remember as one of our chooks is called henrietta. This charming farm based shop was a treat to visit. Cheryl matthews has a beautiful farm with alpacas, sheep and a goat and two dogs. She may have more animals that I dont know about. The phot above is what I chose for my prize. Silk to spin(left) dyed indian silk, and Merino wool to spin(right). It was so nice to see the sheep the fibre came from and then Cheryl showed us her processing shed. She demonstrated her picking machine. I had never seen one of these before and really wish I had taken a phot of it. And she also had an industrial carder. Woooowh, it was all very exciting for me. Cheryl and her husdand are such lovely people I can highly recomend you drop in for a visit or look up her new website. Thankyou cheryl for your generosity.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: