bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Monday, November 10, 2008

New seasons

Well it seems like the time for starting new things, not just for me but the animals too. The swallows have arrived and started their new nest. I must say I was a little worried at first with their choise of places for their new home. It was right above the laundry door on the back verandah, where the dogs roam. But they dont seem worried about the dogs at all and the sparrows have alreaddy made nests at the other end of that part of the verandah and also restarted their old nest on the front verandah. Anyway as the swallows started their nest in their strange place I was worried by their youth and a nest that looked very muddled, but as time passed I must admitt they have now made a really good looking nest. They are now starting to line it with chook feathers and hair from the labradoodle. It should be really cosy. I cant wait to see the new chicks.

The sparrows are always good at their nests and they seem to love this conical nest spot in the join of the front verandah. The air is alive with the sound of birds. Ahhhhh what a great time of year.

With all this new building going on I had to start some new knitting. But where to start. So I decided to start by going through all my wool and then try to decide on a pattern for each wool group. So I have decided on a lace shawl for my merino two ply, but after many hours searching for patterns I still am undecided about what I should choose. Since this is my first lace shawl I want to make something nice and with a pattern. Has anyone got any ideas????? But while I try to decide I have started the "ARGOSY SCARF" by Vyvyan Neel.
I really love her designs but of course my wool is not graduated like hers, so I thought I would start with this wool my mum had spun years ago and then if I like the look I could make another one in graduated wool.

And of course the possums have now found our apple trees and eaten most of the leaves. What can you do? We have a fence and an electric line but if they are hungry they must be flying in for a feed, maybe it is their way of saying we want more cat food.

No comments: