bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rememberance iris

As it was rememberance day here yesterday I thought I would share with you my rememberance iris. This was given to me by a family member who died recently and it is the perfect way for me to remember him. As I walk around my garden I can see and enjoy many plants that have been given to me by people that have been dear to me but have died. I really cant think of any better way for me to remember and cherish those people and their memories.
I was in the supermarket yesterday at the checkout when it was 11 on 11th of 11, and was really touched by the total respect everyone had at that minute. Everthing stopped in the shop, everyone was silent and I was touched that there is still so much humanity left in all of us that we can stop something important and just remember those that have come before us.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

2paw said...

Isn't it wonderful that people still respected the minute of silence.
Hope those birdies are still doing well!!! We had a bird inside the house the other day and it was like a madhouse with dogs going everywhere!!!