bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

hens in a row

 

After reading the lovely willows blog a while ago I decided to have a go at making her coney dogs. But of course I needed to do a little tweeking to them to accomodate my family. I used veggie sausages and a kangaroo sausage and a chicken sausage. I also made a bean/tomato sauce for the vego dog. With all these changes I am really happy to say that they went down really well. Thankyou Willow.
 


This has been the view out my bedroom window lately. I have not worked out why these native hens choose to sit in a row like this but it looks rather cute, and atleast while hey sit they are quiet. If you have never heard a native hen then let me tell you they are loud and are best described as a squeeky bed spring, over and over and over. Hmm they look good sound horrible.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

2paw said...

Oh that looks delicious. I love a nice sausage. We have very tasty ones at the corner deli. Aren't those hens funny?? They are not very tasty though, I am a bit frightened of them.

Bishop Stone said...

They can be a bit scarey. I think our poor old cat is scared of them as they tend to chase him and make loud noises at him.