bishopstone

bishopstone
our home in the bush

garden man

garden man
Just to sit a while and enjoy

Friday, September 16, 2011

promised land

We have just had a little holiday. we headed for the promised land for a few nights so we could take the children to Tasmazia.(more on that later) I had to take a photo of the sign so you would believe me, but I thought we just had to stay in the promised land.

Which is just down the road from No Where Else. ( I hope you can read the sign ) but that is really the name of this lovely rural area. I was amazed by how green and lush it was, but I guess that means it must rain alot there.
Apart from the name of this place, I wanted to go there because of a story my Dad tells of when he was a child. He and his father were out driving and as they a little lost my grandfather stopped at an intersection and asked my dad to go and see what the sign said. So out he goes and runs back to his waiting father.
So where are we? he answers Nowhere. His father not particularly amused tells him to get into the car and stop messing about. They drive on for a bit and arrive at another place. Same thing, my Dad jumps out looks at the sign and then comes back.
So where are we? And my Dad replies No Where Else. BY this time his father grumbles a few words under his breath and tells my Dad to get in the car while he goes to check the sign himself.
And now I can say I too have been to No Where Else. What a fantastic address to have.

This is the view of Mt Rollin from where we stayed. As the light changed so did the colour of the mountain.

This is a lovely house we passed in the town of Ross on our way home. I will post more photos of what we got up to later.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

2paw said...

I've been to Nowhere Else, but not to Nowhere. I love your tale about your father. It is all so green, and the picture of the mountain is lovely.

Melinda said...

I've always thought it would be nice to have an address like that too. My sister likes to climb Mt Roland now and then, for FUN! Can you imagine?

Barbara said...

I enjoy seeing different landscapes.